Taking a total rewards approach to compensation is the best way to keep your employees engaged, increase retention rates, and promote sustainable organizational growth.
At Astron Solutions, we offer total rewards compensation consulting services to all types of small and mid-sized organizations across the United States.
Our Compensation Consulting Services
Compensation is a critical component of a positive and productive work environment. We offer the following services, always tailoring our solutions to your organization’s specific needs:
How does your total rewards compensation strategy measure up when compared to similar organizations? We’ll help you benchmark your current compensation levels and get the most out of your compensation budget so that your organization can attract and retain the right people for the right roles.
Internal Pay Equity Analysis
More and more, employees, job seekers, and the public are expecting all organizations to take steps to improve equity and fairness in the working world. We can help you determine your organization’s current pay equity status and take steps toward positive change.
Together, we’ll create a performance management system that is customized to your key organizational values and performance measures. We’ll also develop as many variations of the system as needed—one approach for all employees or different approaches for varying organizational levels or lengths of tenure.
Career Progression Programs
After defining your organization’s levels of job complexity and employee competency, we can assist you in mapping out clear career paths that promote employee growth within your organization and reduce turnover.
Self-Funded Incentive Programs
By working with you to create an incentive program funded directly by the funds your team generates, we can help your employees focus on their collective success and more effectively recognize top performers.
After our initial work together designing solutions for your organization and helping you implement them, we can also help you manage ongoing or future projects with a reasonable retainer.
How Our Compensation Consulting Process Works
When you choose to work with our team of compensation consultants, you can expect the process to look like this:
- Due Diligence Discussion: We begin by exploring your organization’s structure and business strategy, taking a close look at your current HR practices and your recruitment and retention challenges.
- Market Data Research: Next, we look at the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles of the market for base pay and total cash compensation by job. We use high-quality data that is specific to your location and industry.
- Job Description Review: How your job descriptions are written is essential for effective recruitment and performance management. We audit your job descriptions to verify that essential role functions and qualifications are reasonable, that job titles are standardized, and that each role is assigned to recommended pay grades based on the market data that we’ve gathered.
- Base Pay & Total Cash Analysis: We’ll conduct a thorough analysis of the base pay and total cash analysis for selected jobs across levels and functions to help you get your direct compensation strategy right, and aligned with your indirect compensation strategy as well.
- Pay Structure Development: With a clear view of the markets you’re operating in, your compensation budget, and your current compensation and total reward strategies, we can recommend an appropriate, consolidated, and geographically-sensitive salary structure for your organization.
- Employee Impact Analysis: We’ll take a close look at how our recommended compensation improvements impact your organization financially and the effect they have on your employee’s engagement and morale levels. We’ll also present options for addressing equity concerns and those with pay outside of newly-determined pay ranges.
- Ongoing Support: We view our engagements as partnerships. Beyond our initial work together, we can keep the conversation going and continue to monitor your compensation approach and address questions and issues as they arise!
Why Work With Astron Solutions’ Compensation Consultants?
For more than 25 years, the Astron Solutions team has dedicated itself to helping clients reduce the time, effort, and budget required to effectively manage their human resources.
Our award-winning consultants provide an unparalleled level of customer service, are experts in what they do, and will help you design programs and solutions that are tailored to your specific needs, all while keeping your bottom line in mind.
But don’t just take our word for it—here’s what some of our clients have to say about working with us!
I have greatly appreciated the depth of Astron Solutions’ knowledge and involvement in the design and updating of our executive and staff base and incentive compensation systems, with particular respect to their expertise and insights in designing programs that reflect the mission of our organization. They have shown to be responsive and flexible in working with our staff at all levels.Emma Devito, President and CEO, Village Care
I have utilized Astron to assist me with a variety of compensation projects that run the gamut from Board of Director comp to Sales compensation programs…Astron is committed to keeping up with the latest trends and providing us with a cost-effective approach to meeting our needs!Laurie Darnaby, Former Vice President of Human Resources, Topaz Lighting and Electric
Your compensation approach is worth getting right. Our team can help you fine-tune your strategy. Get in touch with us:
Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or to seek a bit of HR advice. We’re always happy to offer more detail on how we can help your organization with its specific needs.
**Data processing repositories where my data may reside include but are not limited to:
• Document Management System
• Email System
• Disaster Recovery Repositories
• Contact Management System
• Invoicing System
• Electronically Stored Information Platforms
• Phone System
• Calendaring Systems